Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Parti Over Here!



F O R D E S C R I P T I O N
O F P A R T I
R E A D B E L O W



My basic concept with this was to extract a few tones / themes I want my project to be about. I chose a tree (with a house in it) because I feel like a lot of homey memories spread from play. Treehouses are an example of a makeshift house with boundless possibilities.

The tear drop with the sky in it represents emotions that I want to convey from these experiences.

The eye is sort literal in the fact that when we experience we use our eyesight, but also metaphorical for our other senses. thought my project will be hard to convey taste, scent, etc. I want to incorporate them (possibly in the installation)

There is a road with an inkwell coming out from behind the tree, which is sort of the long road ahead, able to put it down on paper (the digital story telling portion)

Finally, the fetus inside the heart represents growth. Physically we grow with our places, our time, and our stories. Emotionally and mentally, it all comes from the heart of these experiences , the deep meaning (like the heart of the tree / heart of the experience)

No comments: