Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Jon Ippolito makes sense

Thinking about my project earlier today (and even before today), I have a lot in mind on what kinds of stories I want to tell and what kinds of features I want on the site.

After capstone, I had a few classes that made me realize some things I want to do with my website, and maybe even a few other things :

N M D 3 0 2 : Interactive Web Development
Basically, I think this class will give me some nice skills on how to make "HomeQuest" (I am starting to hate that name) more applicatible to the user using DHTML and some other things such as remote scripting. Hopefully learning these things will make this place on the net a lot more usable and navigatable

N M D 3 0 5 : Variable Media
Off handedly before this class, I was discussing my capstone with a friend, explaning about how we have to do these blog posts when I said "It's weird because say I am watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it's not like I am going to be like 'OMG BUFFY TOTALLY KILLED A VAMPIRE HERE.'" ...but that is not entirely untrue. After variable media, I thought about how I could remix my own capstone project into meaning more for more people. I know a lot of people who are very much into television or even books. This could even be an idea for the main site (as a fun add-on or something), but also as a remix version where the maps and stories could be from stories, movies, games that everyone already knows, such as where buffy killed all of the vampires in sunnydale could be a map of episode guides, etc. That may not be distinctly relative to what I envision homequest for right now, but it gave me a few ideas on how everything I do can give me ideas for this, so I am interested in what other off-handed conversations will be giving me ideas :) (and information in other NMD classes)

No comments: