Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Frappr For Friends

in doing, research, i thought again about a site that has not taken off yet, but I think should/will. the site is Frappr. Like friends mapper. It feels a lot like the project I want to do, but somewhat different. I obviously do not want to rip them off, but think they have some great features.


My favorite is :

My Maps - you can add "maps" like "I love Ace of Base" and it will show on a map with dots all the other people in your network. I think this is a great idea because then you see a visualization of people that have things in common with you. I want to do something like that but less vapid. When you go to maps like "my birthday is this day" you see all the people in your birthday network, which is neat, but I want my project to be a little more intense. Though stories could be about your cat dying when you were 12, tags can include CAT PET DEATH, etc, and see the map of those experiences. Sounds a lot of like, but i hope to tweak it a little more so it feels different.

Frappr has a lot of potential, and I can feel what they are trying to do, their base of people is still small, and i think i will be able to learn the most from this project for my own. frappr is sort of a myspace of a mapping program, where i want the integration of frappr, the fray, myspace, and human creativity. Sites should make people feel like the site was made for them. I don't want my project to just feel like 2 parts fray 1 part myspace 2 parts this and 4 parts that. I want it to feel like a new place on the net for stories and community.



I hope to investigate frappr more and see what details i want to integrate.

VISIT FRAPPR HERE

No comments: