Friday, September 08, 2006

Don't Disregard Anything....it could be research

I was just conversing with a friend about capstone and whatnot. Again, I was saying "how am I to integrate my daily surroundings as research for my project". I was talking about the concert my friend and I went to last night (Click 5), and how would that help me. In the obvious sense, i want to map experiences, so concerts are great ideas for this, but cynically I said "Catch The Wave" can totally help me think of ideas, the ocean the ocean! My friend was like "i have memories at the ocean", i responded, "more less with the coast, though you are going on a cruise this spring break".
BING! It gave me a great idea, not only could the memory map be an area, but more less entire trips. If someone took a cruise across the saint lawrence, there could be a time line, more like a TRIP LINE, of memories, a stream of conscious thoughts and memories.

I made a picture to go along with how I envision this:



On the map you can see a green screamline with black dots on it. The green is the trip whereas the black dots are "milestones" or submemories of the entire trip. The interface would allow for a complete synopsis of the trip, and then key in on memories from zoomed in places.

Funny, thanks Click 5 for letting me "Catch The Wave"

No comments: