Saturday, September 09, 2006

Laughing Hard For Ideas

So, since I have been starting posting research / ideas about capstone, I have been trying to think about my day as a whole, assemble my thoughts, and try to focus experience (which is what my project is based on!) and transform them into features that can be integrated into this.

Tonight, I went to a comedian (Kyle Cease...who was the funniest comedian I have ever seen), and coming back and thinking about my time tonight, i thought about an expansion on my last post. My last post I explained how a memory area could be drawn over a certain place (and now that i think about it maybe even time). I was thinking about Kyle, and how he flies from venue to venue doing shows, so if he had a pink map area for "comedy shows" (this gives me another idea of when you sign in you can color code your own maps, so when people bookmark you as a mapper friend, then you can see that they had childhood memories in yellow and college memories in blue). Anywho, so Kyle is saying he wants all his comedy shows to be pink, so he dots all the venues, and sets off memorable experiences that happens to each of his concerts...

As he is mapping his memories, my memory overlaps in Orono Maine with his (if he thought orono maine was cool enough to map), so using tags or whatnot, we both had the same experience at the same place at the same time, so we would become networked together in some way.

HomeQuest (which i want to drop the name of very soon from now because it isn't all about HOMES, though that is one thing I want to investigate) would provide a visual system of people you are connected to through experience and place.

If the NMD Capstone class all did their presentations in DPC, and some of us decided to do that, we could be notified that other people had the same experience at the same time...maybe not at the same time, but past NMD students did their capstones at DPC, so they could be connected to us by at least place.

Still playing with the idea, but I am excited, because it presents more of a community aspect when we feel connected to others.

I am also thinking that when you click on an experience you are able to comment on other people's experiences. Like if a friend of mine could not make the show tonight they may say something about how they wanted to go, or Kyle Cease could comment and say "thanks for coming to the show".

I'm getting excited!

(thanks kyle cease for more ideas)



(i am getting happy that these daily occurances are sparking ideas for my capstone!)

No comments: