Sunday, October 01, 2006

Heart of the Hearth


I talked to Joline about my last parti, and she talked a little about story related to the home and the hearth, so I was going to do a piece with objects on a hearth that were representational of family, friends, stories, etc.

As i was looking for "hearth's" this desert was a picture, I went to the page and it went on to say -- "Aboriginal Hearth". That really spoke a lot to me and what I kind of want my project about. For some of my approaches I wanted to focus on the outside world of the house. I find it very important because I know growing up, i made most of my memories with my friend Angela throughout the town. We used to go to the playground a lot to have talks, and just walk around town.

Then the meditating womann kind of just completes a serene feeling showing at the hearth can be anywhere you feel at place.

Though i think physical homes are interesting too, and will be a focus, i thought this parti could be more about the anywhereness of the project.
:)

No comments: