Thursday, September 07, 2006

Gooooooooogle

Looking around today at some mapping programs, I looked a little more into google earth, which I think is a great program. It shows satelite imaging close up of areas, which is the kind of mapping programming that would be great for my capstone.

Google Earth is a program that zooms into real world looking maps and let's you see what things in a closer dimension like the picture shown below.


Not that I want to just rip off the maps but they are very nice. Instead of explaning a layout idea, I will just show what kinds of things I want to do then explain a little about it.


So, as can be seen from thsi picture. there would be a client on the map, almost like a photoshop toolbar where people can color in their "memory spots". When this area is mapped, you will be able to write a description/post/etc. (almost like ina blog format). Colors would correspond to two things

A.) Types of experiences - family trips would be different than say love memories
B.) Time Periods - Where the blue is shown on the map, maybe those things were not ther 20 years ago, so the project would have you input a year to change the status of the map


There would be search filtering (almost like in "the pool") to allow experiences to be filtered by story type, time period, etc. because 1,000 people could have the same memory in the same spot.

these are just some things I have been thinking about, I think more research on google earth will help key in on some more topics and ideas also!

No comments: